Oporto Airport OPO / Porto Airport Portugal
Francisco Sá Carneiro is the international airport of Porto OPO, Portugal. It is located approximately six miles north of the city center of Porto and run by the Aeroportos de Portugal. You can search for it on your GPS map by the address:
Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport
Sá Carneiro is currently the second-busiest airport in the country based on airplane operations and the third-busiest in passengers, based on Aeroportos de Portugal traffic statistics.
It is named after a Portuguese Politican, Francisco Sá Carneiro, who was killed in an airplane crash as he was heading to this airport.
Oporto Airport OPO Departures and Arrivals
Airlines and destinations
Carneiro Airport is served by the following airlines:
• Air Berlin (Palma de Mallorca)
• Air France operated by Régional (Bordeaux)
• Air One (Milan-Malpensa, Rome-Fiumicino)
• Air Transat (Toronto)
• Hifly (Paris-Orly)
• Iberia (Madrid) Iberia Airlines operated by Air Nostrum (Madrid)
• Lufthansa (Frankfurt)
• Luxair (Luxembourg)
• Portugália (Amsterdam, Barcelona, Bologna, Clermont-Ferrand, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Milan-Malpensa, Nice, Paris-de Gaulle, Zürich)
• Ryanair (Paris-Beauvais, Dublin, Frankfurt-Hahn, Liverpool, London Stansted)
• SATA International (Ponta Delgada (Azores), Toronto)
• SN Brussels Airlines (Brussels)
• TAP Portugal (Amsterdam, Caracas, Funchal, Geneva, Lisbon, London-Gatwick, London-Heathrow, Luxembourg, Milan-Malpensa, Newark-New York, Paris-Orly, Rio de Janeiro-Galeão, Rome-Fiumicino, São Paulo-Guarulhos)
• Transavia (Paris-Orly) – www.transavia.com
The main roads to access the airport are the Porto/Lisbon highway, the IP4 linking Vila Real and Bragança, the A3 linking Porto and Braga as well as the IC 1 and IC 24.
Car hire companies, including Auto Jardim, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, National/Alamo and Sixt, all have desks in the Arrivals area.
• Regular buses: including lines no. 56 and 87, also serve the city. Transporte Resende bus no.120 operates between the airport, Santa Cruz, Leça, Matosinhos (market), Matosinhos (hospital) and Custóias.
• Taxi: Taxis are available daily 24 hours from outside Arrivals. Bus: The Aerobus provides a fast transfer connection between the airport, the city’s main hotels and downtown Porto.
• Also you can book Private transfers from Porto Airport to downtown Porto and arround Porto like AMARANTE , AVEIRO , BARCELOS , BRAGA , BUÇACO , CHAVES , COIMBRA , ESPINHO , ESPOSENDE , EUROPARQUE , EVORA , FATIMA , FIGUEIRA DA FOZ , GUIMARÃES , LAMEGO , LISBOA , PESO DA RÉGUA , PINHÃO , PORTO City Centre , POVOA DE VARZIM , VALENÇA , VIANA DO CASTELO , VIDAGO , VILA NOVA DE GAIA , VILA PRAIA ÂNCORA , VILA REAL , VISEU , CORUNHA – Spain , PONTEVEDRA – Spain , SANTIAGO COMPOSTELA – Spain , VIGO – Spain
There are four car parks at the airport. P0 is for short-term parking, P3 and P4 for long-term parking. P1 is also available.
The airport information desk is located in the public area and can provide information on facilities at the airport, or flight information (tel: 229 432 400).
Money and communications: There is a bank and ATMs at the airport, as well as bureaux de change and a post office. Eating and drinking: There are coffee shops throughout the airport, as well as a grill house, a self-service restaurant, a bar and a delicatessen. Shopping: There are several shops at the airport, including a wine shop, fashion and electronics shops, gift shops, bookshops and duty-free. Luggage: A lost and found information desk is available (tel: 229 482 547).
Conferences and Business
The airport has three lounges located in the building housing the technical services: Airport Lounge 1 is located on level 0 of the departure hall and has 37 seats. Airport Lounge 2 is located on level 1 of the departure hall. The Navigator Lounge is for passengers flying with TAP-Air Portugal only.
Facilities for the Disabled Traveller
Lifts and adapted toilets are available at the airport. Passengers requiring a wheelchair are advised to inform their airline of their needs at the time of booking.